As we all routinely detoxify our homes, it’s imperative to comprehend what materials to evade from being used, but almost more important to know what materials to choose.
This is one of the reasons why, lots of web stores like http://www.decorativedecor.com.au/ are taking initiative and selling out glass jars that have lid and can be used at home for varied purposes.
Glass is one such material which is been and continuously being preferred over plastic for two major reasons:
- It’s better for people and
- For the environment.
Here is the list of the benefits people will receive while using glass containers:
- Chemicals are not drain inside food and beverages
- In microwaves heating glass much safer than heating plastics.
- Glass remains safer as the time passes by.
- Storing food in glass containers last for longer duration and so do the taste.
- Glass consumers can save money.
Here is the list of benefits of using Glass to the Environment:
- Glass consumers buy fewer items.
- Increased recycling from consumers.
- Less toxic emissions are created.
Glass jars are a simple but elegant way to add style and practicality to your living space and beyond.
They are an inexpensive way to give your home more storage, add sparkle to a special occasion, or to create something new and beautiful.
They also offer versatility so you can use them in every room of your home.
You must be thinking…Why not plastics anymore?
Plastic is basically manufactured from numerous chemical formulas, comprising of endocrine disrupting chemicals such as bisphenol-A (BPA) and phthalates.
Few of these chemicals, like phthalates and BPA can even affect the reproductive system, brain, hormone system and might even contribute to cancer development.
Certain chemicals have not been thoroughly tested for their health effects.
Here is a small list of ideas that you can implement to utilize empty leftover glass containers with lids, at home:
- Decorative Storage for the Kitchen
- Handmade Oil Lamp
- Decorative Storage for Bathroom
- Office Organi
- Create Herb Gardens
- String/Ribbon Organizers
- Handmade Staples
- Decorative Gift Sets
- Pet Treat Containers
- Unique Picture Frame
- Store Fireplace Matches
- Make a Sewing Kit
- Make a Terrarium
- Design Your Own Lamp/Lights
In the end, there is a small piece of suggestion, just read this blog to go through more relevant ideas of using glass containers at home.